Coachella Boss: ‘I Haven’t Demoted Headliners The Stone Roses’

click image to enlarge
April 18, 2013 | 8:51pm EST

Coachella boss Paul Tollett insists the media is reading too much into the Blur/Stone Roses headliner switch at the California desert festival on Friday as he was always planning to swap the acts around.
The Stone Roses ended the first night of the two-weekend event, but on Wednesday the line-up on the Coachella website changed and it became clear Blur, who supported The Stone Roses last week, would headline the second Friday.
But promoter Tollett tells RollingStone.com he would never demote a headlining act.
He explains, “When the (line-up) poster came out, when we announced the show, each weekend’s poster was different. The first weekend said ‘Stones Roses/Blur’ and the second weekend said ‘Blur/Stone Roses.’ This was planned from day one. It was a dual bill and we’d flip-flop them.”

  Share/Bookmark