Cowell ‘increases Home Security’ After Threats

click image to enlarge
May 12, 2011 | 4:10am EST

Simon Cowell has reportedly increased security at his Los Angeles mansion after receiving death threats.
The music mogul has previously served as a judge on American Idol, and is currently on the panel for new series The X Factor, and he claims rejected wannabes from the shows regularly send him nasty messages.

Cowell is said to receive around 500 hate-filled missives a week, and Britain’s Daily Star reports the TV judge has now stepped up security measures at his California home.

The publication reports Cowell as saying, “People want to kill me. It’s serious and we have a lot of security now for that reason.

“My bosses told me they have been shown emails threatening my life. They said one man wanted to stab me. It sent a chill down me. But I’m used to it.”

  Share/Bookmark