Diaz Suffered Booze Poisoning

click image to enlarge
June 21, 2010 | 4:05pm EST

Cameron Diaz learned to pace herself when drinking after suffering an nasty bout of alcohol poisoning as a teen on a trip to Australia.
The actress thought she had developed a tolerance for drink until she went on a bar crawl with some Aussie friends.
She says, “I was 19 and in Australia for the first time doing a commercial. I didn’t know that Australians are actually superhuman and don’t have livers.
“I was out one harmless, wonderfully fun day with a group of hospitable Australians who were showing me Sydney. I was keeping up with them drinking, and they got pretty s**t-faced, but I got alcohol poisoning.
“I survived, but it was as bad as alcohol poisoning gets. I thought I was dying.”

  Share/Bookmark