Jude Law’s Family Member Sold Stories To Tabloid

click image to enlarge
January 27, 2014 | 11:33am EST

Actor Jude Law was left stunned on Monday when he discovered a family member had sold stories about him to a U.K. tabloid.
The Alfie star won $208,000 in damages from Rupert Murdoch’s now-defunct News of the World in 2012 after it emerged a private investigator working for the newspaper had accessed his cell phone voicemail messages.
Law later alleged he had been “basically under surveillance for three years” by the tabloid, but on Monday the saga took another twist when it emerged one of the actor’s former employees had frequently passed information to the press, and a close family member had sold stories about the star to the News of the World.
The actor was called as a prosecution witness at a trial into the phone-hacking scandal, and during his evidence at London’s Old Bailey he was handed a document showing the unnamed relative had been paid for information.
Law told the court, “I was never aware any money had been exchanged… I’ve never been aware of that – getting paid for it. The first I have heard of that was today in court.”
He also told the hearing that in 2012 an ex-girlfriend, British actress Sienna Miller, told Law that a former employee of his had been selling information about his private life.

  Share/Bookmark

Comments are closed.


Responses are currently closed, but you can trackback from your own site.