The Walkmen Quit Hiatus After Just Two Months

click image to enlarge
January 8, 2014 | 7:26am EST

Indie rockers The Walkmen have baffled fans by signing up to play a gig next month despite previously announcing plans for a hiatus.
The group’s bassist Peter Bauer revealed in November that the band would take a break from recording and performing together.
He said, “We have no future plans whatsoever. I’d call it a pretty extreme hiatus. I don’t think any of us wanted to write another Walkmen record. Maybe that will change down the line, maybe it won’t, maybe we’ll play shows.”
However, the bandmates have changed their minds – they will perform at the NBA Alt-Star Party in New Orleans, Louisiana on 15 February.
Frontman Hamilton Leithauser says, “We thought it might take a lifetime to get us back together – til the Alt-Star Party gave us the nod. How could we stay on the bench? We’re coming 110 per cent. Full-court press. Man to man. Rock n Roll, Pick n Roll.”

  Share/Bookmark

Comments are closed.


Responses are currently closed, but you can trackback from your own site.