Cuba Gooding Jr. Confident Of Innocence In Groping Case

click image to enlarge
June 12, 2019 | 3:14pm EST

Actor Cuba Gooding Jr. is confident police detectives will find no wrongdoing on his part after he was accused of groping a woman at a New York City club.
The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story star hit headlines on Monday (10Jun19) after a 30-year-old female filed a complaint with authorities, claiming she had been mingling with the 51 year old at the Magic Hour Rooftop Bar and Lounge on Sunday night when he allegedly grabbed her breast.
According to the New York Post’s Page Six column, she confronted Gooding Jr. about the incident, which required the intervention of club security guards, and he exited the hotspot moments later, before police officers were called to the scene.
The case is reportedly under investigation by officials at the New York Police Department (NYPD) Special Victims Division, who are weighing up a possible misdemeanor charge of forcible touching, but Gooding Jr. insists there was no sexual misconduct, and he believes security footage from the venue will prove his innocence.
He told TMZ, “I trust the system and the process to speak for itself. There’s a tape that shows what really happened, that’s the most important thing.”
“I was at the club…, I met a bunch of people, I said hello, I took pictures…,” he recalled, making it clear there was “absolutely” no inappropriate behavior at all.
“I’m giving the process the chance to show what really happened, what went down,” the actor added.
Gooding Jr. is reportedly planning to surrender to authorities in New York on Thursday (13Jun19).

  Share/Bookmark